Chocolate Pudding Parfaits
Oh Valentine’s Day: the cheesiest and most iconic holiday of all those that Hallmark has to offer.
This February celebration is highly controversial amongst people in this country. Specifically to those us who are single and those who are lucky enough to share their day with that special someone. However, I think the Scrooge-esque mindset of all us single ladies (and men) stems from the belief that true love is only felt for a significant other. I don’t know about you, but the list of things I love in this world would fill up three novels and then some.
I love avocados
and freshly cleaned sheets
and my family
and my besties
and Sam Claflin from Me Before You
and the smell of my fingers after I play the guitar
and freshly baked cookies
and the sound of the French language
and run-on sentences.
But most of all I love life. And that is enough.
If you don’t have the date of your dreams this holiday, call up your closest gal pals and throw the most epic Galentine’s Day this world has to offer. It’s not about finding your Prince Charming. It’s about laughing and having a good time. And some stellar treats thrown into the mix never hurts either. Aka make these adorable parfaits for you and all of your girlfriends to enjoy, and you might all just fall in love.
CHOCOLATE PUDDING PARFAITS
- 2 large, ripe avocados
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- vanilla Siggi's yogurt
- 1 cup frozen cherries
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- shaved dark chocolate for topping
- Combine avocados, maple syrup, cocoa powder, and salt. Blend for one minute or until nice and creamy.
- Next, prepare your berries by heating them over medium heat until warmed through. If desired, add an extra tablespoon of maple syrup for sweetness.
- Layer avocado pudding into two parfait jars, followed by the warmed berries, siggis yogurt, and shaved dark chocolate.