Author: Maddie Ross
Serves: 12 cookies
- 5 tbsp Himalayan sea salt ghee (I use 4th & Heart, but if you don't have the sea salt variety, just add 1/4 tsp salt to the cookies)
- 4 tbsp smooth almond butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 brown sugar
- 1 & 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup salted almond chocolate chunks (I used Honey Bon Brand)
- flakey sea salt for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix together the flour and baking soda in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the ghee and almond butter until smooth. Add in the egg and vanilla, followed by the brown sugar.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet, then add chocolate chunks
- Drop tablespoon sized spoonfuls of the dough onto a cookie sheet, pressing down slightly. This recipe should make about 12 cookies.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes or until the cookies are just slightly browned on the outside. I prefer mine a little extra gooey, so I opt for less baking time. Finish off the cookies with a sprinkle of flakey sea salt and enjoy!